Two burly policeman are playing games with tiny (elegant, for a change) suffragette. Waving the tools of her trade – a hammer and flags, she is held aloft by one who looks as though he intends to lob her over to the other, who is waiting with outstretched arms. A ‘Votes for Women’ placard lies on the ground between them. Published by Inter-Art Co., Red Lion Sq, London WC. Good – slightly rubbed at edges – posted in 1913. £35 post free.
Elizabeth Crawford – researcher and writer – dealer in books and ephemera
- Suffrage Stories and The Garretts and their Circle: Millicent Garrett Fawcett: Selected Writings – Zoom Talk
- Something A Little Different: Furrowed Middlebrow Books, August 2022
- Books And Ephemera By And About Women For Sale: Catalogue 207
- The Garretts And Their Circle: Quite A Week: ‘Millicent Fawcett: Selected Writings’ And Two Plaques For Fanny Wilkinson
- The Garretts And Their Circle: Millicent’s Writings (soon to be published) And Agnes’ Furnishings (work in progress)
- Join 2,737 other subscribers