Elizabeth Crawford – researcher and writer – dealer in books and ephemera
Posts Tagged 100 banners
To commemorate the centenary of the Representation of the People Act 1918, 100 Banners are being created by communities across London to feature in various events in the capital to mark the anniversary of women first getting the vote. The brainchild of Digital Drama – you can discover more about the project here.
I acted as a historical consultant to ‘100 Banners’ and speak about suffrage banners and their makers in ‘ Silk, Satin and Suffrage’ – the film made by Digital Drama to give context to the project.
You can also discover more about the artists behind the banners and the processions in which they were carried in my new book –Art and Suffrage: a biographical dictionary of suffrage artists.
- Books And Ephemera By And About Women For Sale: Catalogue 207
- The Garretts And Their Circle: Quite A Week: ‘Millicent Fawcett: Selected Writings’ And Two Plaques For Fanny Wilkinson
- The Garretts And Their Circle: Millicent’s Writings (soon to be published) And Agnes’ Furnishings (work in progress)
- Collecting Suffrage: Suffragette Fakery
- Suffrage Stories: Suffrage in South Devon – Watch My Zoom Talk